1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer R1+ Print Bed Doesn't Heat

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Timbiat, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Timbiat

Timbiat New Member

Just received an R1+ and got it up and running, but the print bed won't heat. In the program it reads out an accurate reading of the current bed temperature, but when I hit the preheat button nothing happens. Similarly, when I hit print and wait for it to heat, it just sits there indefinitely.

Any idea where I start with this?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Open the bottom of the case and see if the heated bed is connected. Simply things first.

3. Rod Smith

Rod Smith Member

FWIW, on mine (bought less than a month ago), there's a ribbon cable from the case to the bed with a break and connector external to the case. In photos and videos I've seen, there's no such external connector. I suppose the intent is to make it easy to completely remove the bed from the printer. As an extension to WheresWaldo's suggestion, though, I'd check that connector first, if you've got one -- unplug it and plug it back in to be sure it's firmly seated. If that doesn't work, then open the case up and check internal connectors.