1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved My R1 loses total power after a few minutes of print time.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John in MS, Jan 20, 2018.

1. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

I haven't printed any this week due to the cold. Yesterday was warm enough to print so I began a print only to discover i had a jam so i turned it off for the night.

Today i changed out to another extruder instead of fighting that jam. I had used inn the past with no problem.

It was working fine at first. The extruder would warm to 210 and the bed would warm to 60. I am running PLA.

To start I did a calibration cube. I began fine, doing autolevel right. Heating both bed and extruder. It then began printing and i had great adhesion. Then a couple of minutes in the light went dark and i knew the printer had went dead.

I checked the terminal readout and no errors were showing, just as nothing happened.

I check all wires below to see any were loose. None were so i started back up fine only to have it stop several times. This last time i swapped the extruder back with the one i started with and swapped nozzles. This time the cube got about half way through and the lights cut off again and the machine died again.

Any suggestions? No errors are showing

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The fan on the bottom front right of your printer is likely not running, it should be running all times when the power is on.

3. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

Thanks it is bad

Geof likes this.