1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer cannot communicate with the printer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Monder, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Monder

Monder New Member

Good evening good people;
    last night I left my printer printing over night, I woke up to find out that the printer stopped printing and the fan and the Extruder still working, the matter says; cannot communicate with the printer,
    I sliced the model in Ultimaker Cura, and imported into the matter and that wasn’t the first time, but it was the first time the printer stopped;
    I don’t want to start printing again before I know the reason.
    In case you were asking why I didn’t why I didn’t print it with Ultimaker Cura the answer is, because Cura keeps on stopping printing due graphic card issues.
    Thanks in advance

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

hi Monder. Were there any errors in the communication log? Unsure where that might be in MC but I'd rekon the computer went to sleep or power saving mode or just a communication glitch. I suffered a great long while until I got a LCD Controller and no longer needed to print attached to a computer.

3. Monder

Monder New Member

Thanks Geof for replying back, yeah I think I’m going for LCD controller, do you recommend any?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If your stock firmware and dont want to change anything you need an XXL 2004 LCD controller. If your ok with firmware changes you can get the full graphics LCD. Totally up to you, but I'd go with one of those 2. Most commonly used version.

Monder likes this.