1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Pin out for Power Supply connector?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jogul, May 5, 2018.

1. jogul

jogul Member

For the R2 can someone tell me which pin is + and which pin is - ?

#1 jogul, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. jogul

jogul Member

Got it myself. Looking at the pins on the connector with the flat side up, the two left pins are + and the two right pins are -

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I need to replace my power supply at some point simply because it is too loud, it was the first revision of the PSU. I thought about going the same way you did, but didn't want an extra connector, and want a power supply from a known supplier. I will spring for the Mean Well when I am ready. If that combo works for you then that is all that matters.

By the way, the specs on the Mean Well are attached

Attached Files:

5. jogul

jogul Member

Thanks for the information a spec sheet. That does look like a good power supply. The one I bought is much cheaper, but an unknown as far as brand is concerned. I've been running it for three hours here this morning. It's surface temperature, measured with an infrared thermometer is 114 f. My original power supply had failed and thats why I went this route. I've been 3d printing for a year now but this is my first Robo bought used on Ebay.