1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Temp Fall Error without temp drop

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Nickbrown17, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Nickbrown17

Nickbrown17 New Member

Hi everyone, I've looked around but can't find a thread on the issue I'm having. I installed the new Gold E3D V6, had the regular V6 earlier. This meant a new thermistor and heater cartridge. I had a few prints start and then end with Min Temp, and had a few fail to start with a Temp Fall error. I've checked the wiring, it seems to be good. Voltage for the heater is correct... Now I'm getting the Temp Fall error after auto leveling and it won't start a print. The kicker is that the temp isn't falling, see the screenshot below. Is this an issue with the RAMPS?

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 12.36.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 10.31.23 AM.png

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The temperature is falling -- the firmware told you that. It is just falling and recovering faster than the remote software can update.
    That is not abnormal :) The firmware sees the temperatures real-time, host software does not.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There are a number of other threads on this issue, it is a problem with reading the thermistor. So :

1) Thermistor defective/intermittent
    2) loose connection in the wiring
    3) RAMPS

4. Nickbrown17

Nickbrown17 New Member

switched out the thermistor and at least the first print worked. Thanks!

I'd seen other threads on the same error, but hadn't seen any where the temp seemed to stay constant until the error occurred and the set point changed. Thanks for the quick reply!