1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Unresponsive touch screen

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by YannickLeMulot, Jul 26, 2018.

1. YannickLeMulot

YannickLeMulot New Member

Hello,

I just bought a C2, and I can't use it because the screen is totally unresponsive to touch. I tried to push as hard as I could (REALLY hard), nothing happened. The screens displays properly but is impossible to use.

So, after trying to disconnect and reconnect all cables (without success), as shown in the troubleshooting section of the website, I contacted the support. They told me that it might be a firmware bug and that they're gonna send me a fixed firmware.

I have 2 questions :
    - Do you know how long it will take them to send me the new firmware image ?
    - Anyone is/was in the exact same situation ? I noticed a lot of issues with "not very sensitive" touch screens but everybody tell that if you push harder, it will work. It's not the case for me.

Sorry for the approximative english (not my mother tongue), and thank you in advance for your answers.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there. Typically its the image on the SD card in the raspberry pi that causes these kinds of issues. In my experience getting an image from them took a few days. I'd stay on top of the emails (if you dont hear back in what consider fast enough- email them again :D).

3. YannickLeMulot

Thank you for your quick answer. So you confirm that there's a higher probability of this issue being due to software than hardware ? If it's due to hardware, it would be a real pain... Also, I was wondering, as this is "open source" software, why isn't there an image file free of bugs that we can download for free somewhere ? It should be the same code for all C2 printers, right ?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes and No. If you use open source very loosely than yes...its open. The C2 and R2 serial number is different for every machine. Thats the difference. I believe somewhere there is a C2 image here on the forum, but your machines octoprint will not be the same as it was.

5. YannickLeMulot

Ok thanks ! I get it, I will just be patient then :D

Geof likes this.
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Thats what I would do, and once they send you the new one, make a copy of it as a back up :D. Raspberry Pis go corrupt from time to time. easier to just have a back up on your computer ready to go at any time.

7. YannickLeMulot

Yes I will of course save a backup ;)

8. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

When powering down the C2 printer, use the Power Off wizard. As pointed out by @Geof, Raspberry Pi boards do not handle sudden loss of power very well and will eventually corrupt the SD card.