1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Replacement heater

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DJ Sterrett, Feb 23, 2019.

1. DJ Sterrett

DJ Sterrett New Member

Ive been looking around for a replacement heater for my heated bed. I can't seem to find anything with a low enough wattage. Any help would be awesome! Thanks DJ

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Bed heater must be under 11A as that is all the RAMPS board can supply, so anything under 132W, usually around 100W is fine but slow.

But a better solution would be to use a Solid State Relay (SSR) and power the bed directly from the power supply. There are several threads here and videos on YT that show how to wire an SSR. That way you are not limited by the low amperage restriction of the RAMPS board. This would open up more choices, like using higher wattage @ 12v using a DC/DC SSR, or even using an AC Mains powered bed heater, with the appropriate DC/AC SSR.

3. DJ Sterrett

DJ Sterrett New Member

Found someone on Amazon that will make me a heater for the bed.

Specs:
    225mm x 225mm version 12V 120W With 3M adhesive backing With NTC100K thermistor Wires length at 1 meter

Here is the link they sent me:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/nm...0ZOQjMxRFlBMVZMUiZyZWY9bXlpX2xpc3RpZF9vZmZlcg

I don't know how much I trust a custom ordered heater from China to adhere to my specifications.

I thank you for the other options and this is just another one. As is taping the old heater back on the new glass:)