1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Y-axis belt with connectors

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by momoe, Jan 4, 2020.

1. momoe

momoe Member

where is a good source to buy parts for this old R1? my connector that holds the Y-axis belt to the bed rails broke off today.. I went on Robo3d and looked but don't see a replacement part section. I emailed them and am waiting to hear back. I didn't know if there was an online store or anything where they have parts etc.

thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

None of the parts are Robo specific except for the case. So Amazon works.
    Robo has sourced ALL of their spares to partsbuilt.com (look for the Robo parts section) but even they may or may not have what you need. If you let us know we can find you generic ones.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The R1 had one Robo specific part -- the plastic case :)
    The R1+ had two (the case and the RAMPS board) but you can replace the RAMPS with a generic one (and we have a thread on that)

4. momoe

momoe Member

I seem to have broken the connector that holds the y-axis belt to the base plate carriage. It’s what the bolt screws into. I figured the belt probably came as a complete unit with both connectors installed. It’s a for an R1. It isn’t an r1+ but I don’t think that makes a difference here

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Print a new one.
    Glue that old one together with superglue and that should last long enough to print a new one. Slow the print speed down by 1/2 or more and it will probably last. It is a small part and prints fairly quick.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:865995

Heck, print spares while you are at it :)

The R1 and R1+ had the same part on them for this.

If you absolutely can not print it, let us know. Pay for postage and someone can mail you one (but then you wait a week).

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

When you get your printer fixed, do yourself a favor and print all of the printable parts -- which is most of them.
    They are on thingiverse individually, in fact worst case you look here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:729956