1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New Robo 3D Plus - Octoprint profile question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Thorby, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Thorby

Thorby New Member

I'm the happy and excited owner of a new-to-me Robo 3D Plus. It was given to me by a friend who doesn't use it, and knew that I'd like to give some things a try.

I know nothing about 3d printers. I ran out and got a Raspberry Pi 3B+, which I ALSO know nothing about. It went together just fine though.

My friend had suggested Octoprint. I did a little research and downloaded OctoPrint from guysoft GitHub (v1.3.12). The initial connecting was fairly simple. I was able to connect using the IP address of the Pi with my PC.

The wizard ran, I went through it, accepting the default stuff.

Then I look at settings and Printer Profiles. The default is something called: Generic RepRap Printer. Obviously I need to get/load the profile for my shiny printer - after searching the intarwebs for three days now, I'm lost. I don't know what to do, and connecting the Pi to my printer and turning the printer on (other than cool fan noise) did nothing.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Thorby

Thorby New Member

Yep, I understand all that. The problem I have is that I don't KNOW any of the information that the profile asks for or where to find that information. Unless you mean that my printer Robo 3d R1 Plus uses the exact same numbers/settings as the Robo C2?

4. Thorby

Thorby New Member

Ok, I found a website where a guy describes the settings I need, plus some other valuable (to me) information. Now, away we go!

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

No, the C2 is quite different, BUT the only numbers you need are the ones you can get from the printer specs (on Robos site) :

ROBO 3D R1 Plus Specs
    Build Volume 10 x 9 x 8" / 25.4 x 22.86 x 20.3 cm / 254 x 228 x 203 mm
    Number of Extruders 1
    Layer Resolution XY Axis: 100 micron / 0.1 mm
    Supported Extruder Nozzle Diameter 400 micron / 0.4 mm
    Filament Compatibility 1.75 mm Diameter: ABS, Flexible Materials, HIPS, Laywood, Nylon, PLA, T-Glase

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I can get you a profile from one of mine if you have issues, in fact I can probably get you an SD card image for one of the Robo R1 series I have with OctoPrint in front of it :)

You learn more doing it yourself, so give it a try and post any questions in this thread.

7. Thorby

Thorby New Member

Hey thank you! Yeah, I'll give it a shot myself - you're right I will learn more crawling through its guts. Glad you're there if I need a hand - the other dude that posted had helpful info as well. I'll be experimenting throughout the week!

mark tomlinson likes this.