1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Oceanside CA here.... just ordered today.

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by SLV2NON, Feb 26, 2015.

1. SLV2NON

SLV2NON New Member

I've been wanting a 3D printer for about 2 years now. Went to the 3D Printer World Expo in Burbank last year and it pretty much solidified my desire. I had some ideas rolling around in my head so I downloaded Google Sketchup and started to learn 3D modeling. Another year later... I finally bit the bullet after a lot of research and decided the R1 was the best printer for my needs.

So, I should have my R1 on Tuesday, too bad I get back from a business trip late at night!

Anyway, all my researching, learning to model... I still have no idea how to actually print. So for the next few days I'll be reading your posts and I hope to be fully prepared for the printer. Expect a lot of questions, however I'm a great listener and learn fast.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Logan

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Welcome! The learning curve can sometimes be a bit of a challenge, so stay patient, but you'll be printing awesome stuff in no time.

3. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

Welcome Neighbor!!!! I wish you luck!!! Maybe I'll see you at the STONE Beer Garden some time ;)

4. Rescue35

Rescue35 New Member

The learning curve is worth it.

5. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

I'm sure you might be temped to tear into it when you get home late..lol Welcome to the Robolution. :)

6. Droid

Droid Member

greetings I also just got myself a R1, I'm also in Oceanside. I however went straight to the source to get mine since they are located in Pacific Beach area. Been playing with it all weekend, mainly just printing upgrades and whatnot that I'm finding on thingiverse. As I type I'm printing up a new top mount spool holder. I've been trying to learn the whole 3D design part, but the software is the most challenging part. I use to be a fabricator and welder so I'm more use to having a idea in my head and just making it.

7. SLV2NON

SLV2NON New Member

Shoot, I really should follow my own thread! Haven't printed anything in the past week... however I plan on spending all day tomorrow working on some prints/prototypes.

Robert you might be on to something. Since all men in NC love good beer... and it looks like there are a few of us with R1's in the area, a beer and printer meetup might be in order! ;)

Droid, the quickest way to get into modeling is probably the Google Sketchup tutorials. It really breaks everything down in an easy to learn format.

8. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

Solidworks is awesome too, extremely accurate, but it may be overkill. Depends on what you are trying to make.