1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Printer homing is messed up!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Drakeh, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Drakeh

Drakeh New Member

Hey guys, so I haven't used my printer in a while because one of the wires for the stepper motor came out of the piece to attach it to the motor and I was waiting for a replacement from Robo3D. I finally got the part and fixed everything so all the motors work. Now when I go to print anything and the printer goes to home the X, Y and Z axis it either goes the wrong way (in the case of the Y-axis), doesn't go very far (the X-axis goes the wrong way for a fraction of a second and then stops), or doesn't go anywhere in the case of the Z-axis. I have no idea what to do to fix this so any help that you can give would be great!

2. Drakeh

Drakeh New Member

Another thing that probably would be good to know is that I am using Simplify3D on my iMac currently

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sounds like some of the stepper motor connectors are on backwards. If that happens the stepper will run backwards.

4. Drakeh

Drakeh New Member

Is that a matter of opening up the bottom and flipping the connecter 180 degrees?

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Exactly. Where the stepper lands on the RAMPS. A little 4-wire plug. It has black/blue/red/green wires normally.

6. Drakeh

Drakeh New Member

Hey Mark so I flipped the connector for the y-axis motor and that fixed it perfectly. My x-axis is still doing weird things so I opened up the bottom again and noticed that there was a small two prong connector with red and white wires that was not plugged in. The only problem is that I have no idea where it's supposed to go. It's part of the bundle of wires that goes up through the opening in the base.

Attached Files:

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Looks like an endstop connector to me, but it could be a thermistor... You need to trace that back through the wire bundle to be certain what it is. Once you know that we can figure out where to plug it back in :)

That or you need to take a close up picture of the board with all of the connectors visible so we can figure out which one is 'missing'

8. Drakeh

Drakeh New Member

Hey Mark. It was one of the endstop connectors and I was able to figure out where it went because the connector pins were bent. It must have gotten pulled out when I was in there replacing my broken cable. Thanks for the help! It's greatly appreciated

mark tomlinson likes this.