1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Not Extruding

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TheGaming12, Feb 18, 2016.

1. TheGaming12

TheGaming12 New Member

I just got my Robo 3d R1 Plus yesterday it printed fine I printed 4 different items and they printed just fine but today when I started up another print i noticed nothing is coming out, it started to come out but stopped.
    And every time I try to extrude the PLA I hear this "Tick" sound. and it looks like it's grinding but I don't know where to even begin to try and fix this. Any and all info will help a lot.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

probably ground down the filament and you'll need to pull it out, cut off the section that got jammed and try forcing the filament through by hand, don't use the gear.

If it's still not working, heat up the hot end to like 260 or more to get it to loosen up.

If that still doesn't work, get a bristle from a brass bristle brush/ a piece of copper wiring/ a high E guitar string, and feed it into the nozzle, you don't need to go too far in, just far enough to get the blockage out of the way. Push the filament in a bit till it starts flowing, then pull it out, you might find some chunk in there and might be black, etc. Keep repeating this process for a few times.

There's also a process called a cold pull/warm pull where you don't quite have the filament melted but soft, so when you pull it out you grab any chunks in the filament.