1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!
Mike Kelly
Last Activity:
Apr 21, 2020
Birthday:
Apr 22, 1986 (Age: 37)
Mechanical Engineer

Share This Page

Mike Kelly

Volunteer, Male, 37, from Boston, MA

Mike Kelly was last seen:
Apr 21, 2020
    1. colinbuck
      colinbuck
      Hi Mike I know you have wrote an in depth article on the E3D v6 hot end i've just bought one for my robo 3d r1 plus, I just want to know if I use the original thermistor, do i still need to change the thermisto code, and will the be any disadvantage using the original thermisto, or do I have to use the one supplied in the kit.
      If I do need to change the code, is there a walk through guide on how to do this.
    2. ZSCHONY
      ZSCHONY
      Hi Mike,
      I am looking for information on swapping my thermistor to a type k thermocouple. I can find info on the pt100 but nothing for the type k. If you know anything please let me know.
    3. Xeovan
      Xeovan
      Hey Mike, I'm having trouble using Cura 2.5 with my R1+ I cant seem to get the start Gcode right the default gcode for the R1+ from Cura 2.5 doesnt work for me.

G92 E0 ;
      M565 Z-0.9 ;
      G1 Z5 F5000 ;
      G29 ;

Ive tried copying my gcode from Cura 15.04.6 which works great but doenst seem to work with Cura 2.5

Help would be appreciated THANK YOU!!!
      1. chuoiit03
        chuoiit03
        , This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much.
        Apr 6, 2018
    4. dkruiser
      dkruiser
      Hi Mike, I just added the XXL LCD Controller and also purchased your enclosure from Printed Solid. I saw in one posting that you created a swivel mount for the LCD Controller but when I clicked on the link provided in had an error. Is it possible to get that file so I can print the swivel mount for my unit? Thanks in advance.
      1. Mike Kelly
    5. Autom8ed
      Autom8ed
      Hi Mike, you mentioned that SD was the fix when it started being unable to finish prints. Do you mean I might need to replace my XXL LCD controller since I'm having the same problem? Thanks in advance.
    6. Michael Sailor
      Michael Sailor
      Do you have any of the ROBO 3d enclosures left. I am trying to print with ABS and am having corners lifting.
      1. Mike Kelly
    7. mclemens7
      mclemens7
      I am using your latest design for the dual extruders for the r1 plus on Thingiverse. I do not know how to add the two fans for cooling the heat sink? any ideas
      1. View previous comments...
      2. mclemens7
        mclemens7
        what do you mean, how would i attach it to the heatsink?
        May 10, 2017
      3. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        You don't need all 4, just one of the corners then it can fit
        May 12, 2017
      4. mclemens7
        mclemens7
        Do I have to 3d print anything else. I don't understand where I put the actual fan
        May 12, 2017
    8. Nicole Dubois
      Nicole Dubois
      I have 2 robos R1 and I keep on having issues here and there. On one Robo the X axis, when it glides to the left its pretty smooth but for one point on the rods. I think this is the reason a get a shift in my prints. About a few layers after the raft has printed.

Could it be a bearing problem? I am questionning because it only happens on a certain point on the rods.
    9. Conner Holland
      Conner Holland
      Hey mike! I don't suppose you'd be willing to share some files for the bracket at the end of the Y-axis that attach the bed to the shafts? trying to adapt the bracket to accept longer shafts as to use the full length of the bed.
    10. JoshYourITGuy
      JoshYourITGuy
      Hey Mike, were you ever successful on making a dual extrusion mount using bowden for one and direct for the other? (looking for a way to dual extrude ABS and *-Flex) I saw a few posts where you commented on working on one, but cant find a finished product. (Did you by any chance make one for your modular X-carriage?)
    11. B Nason
      B Nason
      dumb question what is the purpose of the enclosure is it made of fireproof materials?
      -I have my printer enclosed in a metal cocoon if i could figure out how to post a pic I would add it
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        Enclosure is to trap heat to improve printing of materials like abs
        Jul 29, 2016
    12. B Nason
      B Nason
      Hi Mike when do you plan to release your kracken version of the dual extruder upgrade and does it work for the r1 or just the r1 plus and will it work with Astrobox and can it be made to work using simplifi3d software. Probably not related amd a newbit I like Astroprint when it stays connected so I can monitor long prints remotely
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        I don't think the robo is a good platform for the kraken. Also that's an expert level mod and even then I wouldn't recommend it. I believe simplify3d would be best to slice it then send it over your favorite control software
        Jul 29, 2016
    13. PeterkSharma
      PeterkSharma
      Hey Mike,

Is there a 3d model upgrade for an older Bondtech to spring model?

Thanks,
      -Peter
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        He used to sell an upgrade kit, not sure if he still does. You could email him and see if he'll provide you the files
        Jul 29, 2016
    14. Phillip Avery
      Phillip Avery
      Hey Mike! You've helped me out on a forum before and I thought I'd shoot you a question... I just bought a replacement hot end for the R1+, and after inserting it into the extruder and tightening the bolt back to the arm, I've noticed that the hot end is still loose. After tightening everything I can think of I can still wiggle the hot end a few mm in every direction. Do you have any tips?
      -Phil
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        Did you replace it with a hexagon?
        Jul 29, 2016
    15. Nick Biggs
      Nick Biggs
      Hey Mike, i was reading the forums and you seemed like the guy to ask for anything robo3d with cura, i have a problem with my first layer and just recently posted a thread about it and was wondering if you could tell me what i need to do to fix this problem. Thanks!
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        Probably adjust your offset. Link to a thread with pictures?
        Mar 27, 2016
    16. Oisin
      Oisin
      Hey Mike, I'm looking to purchase an enclosure kit of your design from these guys: https://printedsolid.com/products/robo-3d-safety-enclosure-kit They don't seem to be getting back to me when I try to contact them. Apologies if it's inappropriate to come to you about this. I just figured that if you're getting any percentage of sales you might want to know.
    17. f16falcon6
      f16falcon6
      Hi Mike. Hey running into some new problems with my robo. Recently installed the an E3D V6 as per the guide and my prints are failing. I know a few months ago I asked if you wouldn't mind coming by and looking at my printer. Was wondering if you would be willing again?
    18. Corey Brumfield
      Corey Brumfield
      If you have a few minutes to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.
      1. Corey Brumfield
        Corey Brumfield
        I am adding an extruder to my prusa i3, and need help on the firmware side
        Feb 5, 2016
      2. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        Skype is the best way to ask me stuff like this
        Feb 8, 2016
    19. john c
      john c
      Hi Mike, could you tell me which is the best repetier version for dual extruders. I'm using v 1.1.7.23 to create G Code to load into
      v 1.0.6. Is there a version with combine multi material stl file option without having to use 2 version.
      1. Mike Kelly
        Mike Kelly
        I never used repetier for duals. Cura or Simplify3d for me
        Jan 6, 2016
    20. john c
      john c
      Yes works great now. Thank you.
      1. Mike Kelly likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 22, 1986 (Age: 37)
    Mechanical Engineer
    gtalk: skype name @gmail.com

Signature

Any opinion or advice is that of my own. It should not be construed as official advice from any company or party. Perform any work at your own risk. Know your limits. My recommendations will not void the warranty.

If you appreciate my advice and would like to help out my hobby, consider donating through PayPal or purchasing something from my amazon wishlist