1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Help for a newbie...printer won't home properly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dr. Jack Hirschberg, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Dr. Jack Hirschberg

Dr. Jack Hirschberg New Member

I am very new to this technology and need help. I have the Robo 3d R1. It was working properly and I got amazing prints for about a month. Today it was in the middle of a print when it suddenly skipped off the print and started extruding in mid-air. I canceled the print and tried again, but now the print head does not home properly. When it tries to home the X-axis, it goes all the way to the left and then there is a loud racket and the belt vibrates. It does this for a few seconds, then stops and tries again with the same result. Then the Y-axis starts to go up instead of down. Finally it tries to do its 9-point alignment in mid-air and tries to print in mid-air. I tried to shut off the printer, reboot my computer and restart the printer with no change. Please help.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

One or more of the Axis home switches is not triggering correctly.

There are only 4 switches on the R1 - 1 for X home, 1 for Y home and 2 (one on each side) for Z home.
    If something gets in the way (a wire perhaps) then the homing can be screwed up.

Y axis is not up and down, Z is up and down...

3. Dr. Jack Hirschberg

Dr. Jack Hirschberg New Member

Thank you so much!!! I checked and it seems the nuts for the z-axis were misaligned and preventing the x-axis from contacting the home switch. Again, thanks for helping newbie.
    Jack

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Good work.