1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered First print Help!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Matthew Johnson, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Matthew Johnson

Matthew Johnson New Member

Ok just bought my first printer R1+ and unboxed it yesterday. I'm having trouble with the print bed, after the 9 point auto-leveling is perfectly centered, it proceeds to print at the very top of the Y axis and stuttering constantly trying to surpass the Y axis limit because it isn't centered on the heated portion of the print bed. How do I correct this?

#1 Matthew Johnson, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  2. Matthew Johnson

Matthew Johnson New Member

Bump I updated my question because I solved my initial problem but I cant find anywhere how to change where on the print bed the extruder starts printing.

3. Bil Forshey

Bil Forshey Member

Check the printer settings in the Mattercontrol software, you can set all of the print bed parameters there.

4. Zdot

Zdot New Member

Hi Matthew
    I feel your pain. Mine wasnt as plug and play as I thought it would be either. First of all triple check all your wires and connections, sounds like your y axis limit switch isnt being triggered. Sometimes its really a mechanical problem especially after shipping... Sign up for a live support session with the matter hacker guys, their info is on the instruction booklet. Also maybe your print bed size isnt configured correctly, I would read the " Slicer settings explained" posts on the matter hackers website. Hope this helps

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Don't pay any attention to the marking on the print bed. Those are meaningless and in no way represent where the printer will print.