1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Extruder not extruding fast enough, does anyone have this issue please help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Louis Castelan, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Louis Castelan

Louis Castelan New Member

So I just got my printer today, but I've been unable to print anything. When I attempt to print it'll autolevel But when it starts the printing the filament doesn't want to extrude fast enough, they'll be little wisp of filament as it tries to create an outline for a calibrated circle. Please help : (

2. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

What are you using to control the printer (slicer)?

Does it extrude manually when you turn the large gear? I experienced something similar when I first got the printer and did not read the warning sticker on top. When feeding or removing, you need to heat up the hotend to at least 185 C.
    Either the temp is not hot enough to make the filament drip or it is somehow jammed to not fed well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 GAmbrosio, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  3. Louis Castelan

Im using the masterslice engine option and it does extrude manually(when i turn the gear) but when i have the print started, it'll extrude minimal amount of filament(sometimes none at all) and it'll just create wisps of filament

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I'd guess you have some settings off in the slicer somewhere.
    Check that the first layer thickness is something on the order of .2-.3
    Temperature of about 200
    also, make sure you have enough skirt lines to get a good prime. 2-3 should be fine. only 1 for a large object.
    filament diameter should be set to 1.75 or whatever you actually measure it to be.
    If there is an option for extrusion width, it should be around .4.

5. Louis Castelan

I checked the settings, and everything was already set at the settings you stated. :(

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member