1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Weird globs appearing throughout print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Cory Robertson, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Cory Robertson

Cory Robertson New Member

Printing using PLA, and it seems to lay the first layer fine. But, after that, ever now and then, before it switches paths and move to another section, the extruder seems to just drop a blob on its last print point.

It then moves on, prints okay, then drops another blob, and continues. Below are some examples of finished prints with this issue. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

Over extrusion, too hot? Bed and extruder. Not enough infill. Too fast? It is probably the Dodgers logo...messes things up. Print a Lakers one and the printer blows up, I hear. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Cory Robertson

Cory Robertson New Member

I'm trying a few settings right now: Lowering extrusion, cooling, and slowing it down. Seemed to help a little, but it still just "BLOBS" a goop out at the end.

4. GAmbrosio

GAmbrosio Active Member

And no more LA ;p all kidding aside. Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

For the most part you want to print PLA as cold as possible while still retaining inter-layer adhesion. A parts fan can cool those small layers where it simply prints too fast. Printing more than one model at a time can also help. Increasing reaction setting might alleviate some of oozing. There may also be some minor over-extrusion going on. All these little things could net you better results.