1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Print head pressing on Bed for first layer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mmbb99, Apr 15, 2016.

1. mmbb99

mmbb99 New Member

Hello everyone,

My robo3d has been printing fine all along but recently the print head has been pressing on the bed while printing the first layer... however, it'll raise and print as usual for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc layers.. I can see the printer head drawing the outskirt and first layer but no filament could be dispense because the head is pressing right against the bed.

I've tried adjusting the Z rods, and tried several different eeprom settings on Z but after it "auto-calibrates" prior to printing the print head will press back on the bed again...

Please advise.

Regards,

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Initial Z offset? What do you have that set to?

3. mmbb99

mmbb99 New Member

Hi Mark,

My initial Z offset was just the default settings, 0mm.

I forgot to mention, this is a new computer im setting it on.. however i did copy the exact settings. When I plug it back into my old computer, it printed fine again. Both my computers use mattercontrol 1.4.

4. aenea22980

aenea22980 New Member

How weird. Mine did that for a while and I ran it through the manual level calibration cycle again and it seemed to fix it.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I can't help you with mattercontrol, but the default Z offset should be -1.0 (you will probably want to customize it to dial it in).