1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Too light to be a boat anchor?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bmillz, Apr 20, 2016.

1. bmillz

bmillz New Member

I'm about to throw this thing through the window and out into the yard. -.-

I had no idea that ready out of the box meant troubleshooting for most of a day and STILL not print anything. My apologies....my patience is wearing thin....

I have cleaned the tip, oiled it, preheat it, manually set it up and it will not do anything but rattle and make a bunch of noise....not as loud as the obnoxious fan, but a bunch of noise.

2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Nah, the shape of it would probably make for a pretty good boat anchor until the plastic frame cracked and tore free of whatever the base dug into.

3. bmillz

bmillz New Member

It's becoming quite entertaining to watch. I may have to keep it just for the lolz.

A friend of mine had an old Chihuahua that was blind and deaf. It would walk into walls, back up, and walk into the same wall....over and over again. This Robo is kinda like that. It can't seem to figure out if it wants to Extrude or Retract. But it's going about its way like it knows EXACTLY what it's doing......but....it really doesn't.

4. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

Sorry to hear your having trouble.
    I bet if you give the people here some more info on what's going on they we help you sort it out.

5. bmillz

bmillz New Member

Thank you, Chuck. Tech Support has been pretty helpful and I have an appointment tomorrow with a level 2 Tech to try and figure out what is wrong. I can't get it to Extrude. It seems like a wiring short of some sort. Almost like it's getting the Extrude/Retract signals rapidly back and forth so it doesn't do anything but rattle. I'm looking at it again now to make sure all connections are secure.

I've had one heckuva start to the year with new equipment/toys that require WAY too much time to troubleshoot problems that shouldn't exist. Murphy's Law in full force with me. :)

6. bmillz

bmillz New Member

I should have known. Shipping is really hard on stuff. I went through and disconnected and reconnected the electrical connections and it's working now. No more rattle. It's purring....for now.

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

We say shipping is harsh on these and people misconstrue.
    It is really harsh.