1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved ROBO 3d R1 Plus new issue.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JAnderson392, May 2, 2016.

1. JAnderson392

JAnderson392 New Member

Hi, I have had a Robo 3d r1 plus for about a month now. Recently the printer has just been shutting off after about 10 minutes into the print. It just started yesterday. The software on the computer keeps running as though the printer is going. I am printing ABS with 240 extruder and 90 print bed. Any advice on what is causing this and how I can fix it.

Thank you.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Check to make sure the fan on the bottom right corner is running

3. Wild8Wire

Wild8Wire Member

Agree with Geof, based on personal experience Mine sucked up a small piece of plastic, jamming the fan blade; removed the jam, and ran just fine.

4. JAnderson392

JAnderson392 New Member

That fan is not running. I can see how that would be an issue. I will open it up when I have more time and see what the cause is.

Thank you.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

My stock fan was dead on arrival. It's got crazy short wires so be careful removing the cover. If it's plugged in backwards the fan won't run. Chances are the fan is just bad. Under warranty get a replacement then buy a few spares from Amazon. Their cheap. 40x40x10mm. I just cut off the plug leaving a good amount of wire splice to the wiring of the new fan and up and running :). Even my replacement from robo had the wrong connector on it lol but get that free fan!

6. JAnderson392

JAnderson392 New Member

Thanks for all the help. I opened up the case this morning to look at the fan. There was a lot of stringy filament wrapped around it. I unplugged the fan and removed all the filament. I plugged the fan back in and it started right up. I am doing a test print now and if it works I will move on to a bigger one. So far so good. Any suggestions for not having it clog up again.

Thanks again!!!!

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I just keep the desk mine sits on clean.that fan will suck up dirt filament whatever might be under your printer

8. JAnderson392

JAnderson392 New Member

I figured as much. I will keep it as clean as I can and check the fan periodically to make sure it doesn't happen again. Also I will grab a few spare fans just in case. Thanks again!

Geof likes this.
  9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Spare parts are essential :)