1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Nozzle offset setting?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by deuel18, Jul 14, 2016.

1. deuel18

deuel18 Member

Hello guys. I got my E3D Lite up and running now. However, when I tried printing, the nozzle is right on the heated bed. How do I set the offset of the nozzle permanently? Thanks.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

What slicer ?

3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

There should be startup gcode that you can define in your slicer. I think I saw you are using MatterControl. Been a long time since I used it, but I know there is a place to set that. You will see a M565 code that looks something like M585 Z-1.0. You can adjust the negative value up or down to get your first layer just right. You should be able to set it and go. Now if you get a buildup of hairspray or glue, that will start changing your offset value needed. So you might want to keep that in mind and keep your bed cleaned off from time to time. Now...there is another way of doing this. You can set the offset value in the firmware. Then you don't have to worry about the slicer settings anymore. Some like that over setting it in the slicer, but the slicer makes it a bit easier IMHO to adjust on the fly. I think MatterControl also has macro buttons defined for z offset settings in the newer version. That can be something to look at as well.

Geof likes this.
  4. deuel18

deuel18 Member

I'd rather do the setting on firmware so I can forget it. I found the offset on matter control but I'd like to permanently set the offset on the firmware. I'm using R1 model (not plus). So do you guys know how to set the offzet on firmware?

5. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

6. deuel18

deuel18 Member

7. whitecracker1

whitecracker1 New Member

Having same issue. Thanks for the post