1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved E3D Lite6 Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by deuel18, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deuel18

deuel18 Member

I clogged my HexHotEnd and decided to buy E3D Lite6 from printedsolid. Thing is, I somewhat got different parts than the ones in E3D Assembly Wiki Site. Has anyone had the same scenario? I'm worried about the type of Heater Cartridge and Thermistor to put in my firmware since I have the Robo3D R1.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@Printed Solid would know best but i believe the heater cartridge is irrelevant and the e3d thermistor is the same as the lite.

danzca6 likes this.
  3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

e3d has recently changed their heater block and thermistor setup to make assembly a lot easier. Is that the difference you are seeing? Matt (@Printed Solid ) is a pretty approachable guy when it comes to questions and as far as customer service goes, he goes above and beyond. So contacting him with questions about your order would be best.

4. deuel18

deuel18 Member

Yeah I already got it. I looked at E3D documentation. They have a separate documentation page for different thermistor they ship with (http://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/Temperature_Sensor_Documentation). Though I wish they included the link for the assembly page for convenience since the package had no part information at all lol.

5. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Hey, sorry for not responding sooner on this. I'm not getting notifications for some reason and haven't logged on for a bit.

At this point, we're shipping the lite6 with the cartridge thermistor by default. For the robo3D, the easiest thing to do is simply to reuse the heater cartridge and thermistor from the hex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.