1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Printer stops extruding mid print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dan Ershen, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Dan Ershen

Dan Ershen New Member

Hey guys,

I've had my Robo3d r1+ for a bit now, and I've run into an issue I can't figure out.

For some reason, halfway through the print in the exact same spot the printer stops extruding and begins to grind through the filament. At first I thought it was a clog, so I bought a new nozzle and cleaned everything out. No joy. Still continues to stop extruding mid print, no matter what I do. I've tried 4 different filament types/brands to rule out the possibility of warped filament, replaced the nozzle, cleaned the extruding gear, and it still continues to do this.

Any ideas?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Other than the usual suspects for PLA (oiler, etc) if this is another filament type ... need more information :)

Other models work or is this limited to the one..

3. Dan Ershen

Dan Ershen New Member

Tried with PLA, PLA+, PLA Wood, ABS, and T-Glase. No joy. And no, it's any model I make, not just one STL file.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

One other thing that you can try is upping the extrusion temperature a bit as well.

The thermistors are not horribly accurate and the environment your printer lives in matters a lot too. The ranges are starting points :)