1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Problem with Z axis

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Michael irlbacher, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Michael irlbacher

Michael irlbacher New Member

I don't know if I'm even in the right area for this forum but I'm fairly new at this whole 3d printing things so please bare with me. so my brothers had one for a year or two now so he knows a little more but anyhow my robo r1 got clogged so we did the e3d v6 swap followed the forum we had on it and i also put on PEI on the bed which was on before got clogged worked great and now since i swapped out the extruder to the e3d it keeps burying it self in to bed and I'm not sure how to fix that problem. I'm using matter control which I'm not sure is the greatest from hearing everyone else's opinion on it but please help thank you..

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

By burying itself into the bed, do you mean when it prints the first layer it is digging into the plate? If so you may have to review your z offset to raise the nozzle. If that is not what you meant, can you explain a bit more about what it is doing and when in the print cycle. Thank you.

Geof likes this.
  3. Michael irlbacher

Michael irlbacher New Member

yes its digging in the plate

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

So make your z offset less negative. If your using matter control, make sure the startup gcode has your M565 Z-# defined. #being your offset value. With adding the PEI plate and with the V6 I see some folks needing to recalibrate their offset. Speaking of calibration, your going to want to do a PID tuning on the hotend and possible an extrusion calibration to get things dialed back in. Let's get the offset figured out first.