1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Help with bed leveling switch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jsam, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsam

jsam New Member

Hi guys, had a positive and negative night here.
    I just finished successfully installing the external lcd controller upgrade.
    I was testing out the ability to move the z-axis manually and accidentally drove it into the bed.
    Hit the stop button and homed the machine. Now it looks like the switch on the left side that controls the auto-leveling is out of position (see pic). Any advice on how to fix this? robo left level.jpg

2. jsam

jsam New Member

How about that, with a little finagling it popped back in place. Any advice on how to make sure it levels correctly?

3. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Just make sure both sides are sitting firmly on their switches. Make sure the brackets are secured to the brass nut. Then make sure the x axis is as level as possible. You should be OK.

4. jsam

jsam New Member

Thanks danzca6. What's the best way to make sure the x-axis is as level as possible?

5. danzca6

I do a paper level. Put a piece of paper on one side of the bed and lower the nozzle onto it. You can do that with the printer of and manually turn the lead screws. Have the nozzle just touch the paper enough to freak it pull a bit when you move the paper. Then do the same on the other side. That should get you in the ballpark.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. jsam

jsam New Member

Danzca6, I did the paper level and a few test prints, looks like I'm back in business. Thanks again for the help.

7. danzca6

That's awesome! Just in time for the long weekend. Glad I could help. Cheers!

jsam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.