1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Print starts out great then falls apart.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Nomad83, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Nomad83

Nomad83 Member

I figure this is probably something stupid but I've been beating my head against the wall.

Just upgraded to E3D V6 and it runs amazing at first at least. Then it just goes to crap like its lost its mind it seems from looking at the prints.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basic Setting info.
    No parts fans, Stock settings for ABS except for 240C and .4 or .5 z offset.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Check the fan that cools the ramps board. That has a way of making your printer seem like it needs an exorcist when it's not running.

3. Nomad83

Nomad83 Member

I totally forgot about that fan since I misplaced my bottom cover with attached fan during my divorce.

Frustrating part now is findingredients a fan that cools enough but not so much it messes up printing.

Using one of the parts fans it made if 50% before it started messing up then warping.

Thinking seal off the bottom and top. Cool the heck out of the board and such while making sure the print area is heated and not affected either by cooling fans or ac across the room.

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

If you don't have the bottom cover, can you prop another small fan to blow under? The beta model didn't have a fan or cover. So you shouldn't be too bad without. Also check that something isn't catching that is keeping the bed or x axis from moving correctly. Check the pulleys that they are tight on the ends of the steppers. I'd it making any odd noises?

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

With no bottom cover use a fan that pulls across the electronics and exhausts out the front of the printer.
    Yea, you have to cut a hole in the case, but it works great.