1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Printing Problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mcarter, Sep 4, 2016.

1. mcarter

mcarter New Member

Help...I have a Robo 3D printer but downloaded the software directly from Matter Control. For some reason when I attempt to print I get an error message that tells me to "Switch-off automatic bed leveling" or reset print filament (code G29) ( I can only control X,Y, & Z, axis and extruder movement manually) How do I eliminate this code so that I can print the calibration ring automatically? Thanks, Carter.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

4. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

You shouldn't have to enable anything. It should be in the firmware automatically. That's all Matter Control is seeing. Is this a new printer? Did you get it used? What model (R1, R1+, Beta)?

5. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I think he's getting a message asking him to disable auto bed leveling. I linked to instructions on how to enable it so he could follow it backwards if needed.

Mine didn't need anything when I got it myself. Auto bed level was in the start up g-code. Everything I read said NOT to enable auto bed leveling in software because it's all done in the G-code.

6. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

One other option - but it shouldn't matter - is to uninstall MC completely and then download and re-install the software from Robo. Again, you shouldn't have to, and I have used the software from both places, but it might rule out a bad download/install.

Rigmarol likes this.
  7. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

What version did you download? Did you get the 2.0 version? That didn't have a profile specific for Robo yet the last I checked. Try the earlier version or the one from Robo if you want to go that far back.