1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved How to change Z offset on the fly with LCD

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Toro1966, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Is this possible? I know where the z-offset is found int he LCD menu, but when I click it - it says "Z-offset: .50" and I can turn the knob and move the number up positive, but not in the other direction negative. Or does the menu assume it's a negative offset even though it doesn't say. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

One thing I can think of about the positive number that if you set your offset in the gcode it is opposite than what you set in the firmware. If the LCD is just reading the firmware setting, then maybe that is why it is showing as a positive .50.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You can enable baby-stepping and that will change it temporarily for the layer you are currently printing. A lot of people use it while printing a skirt or brim to adjust the first layer on the fly.

JoshYourITGuy likes this.
  4. danzca6

5. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Thanks guys - reading the PDF now. Still don't know how that will change the positive vs negative. It does see -.7 as the z offset because under the lcd option for z offset, it shows -.70 before i push the button. But after I push the button I cant' change it more negative.

6. danzca6

Make sure to read through that whole thread since it was an old one.