1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Tired of constantly tuning my printer every print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by aznhlfan, Oct 21, 2016.

1. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

I have had this problem for a while, I constantly have to tune and mess with the settings on my Robo R1 plus, every print. I have changed the ramps, added more cooling and added the RepRap LCD screens. Nothing helps, I have to mess with heat, I'm constantly dealing with warping, and the z offset never stays the same. My new problem, the z offset is set to .5 in the slicer software (matterhackers, tried cura same deal), it changes to .8 on the sd card I print from, so I have to manually Chang it back to .5. Then when it starts printing it changes to 1.19. I'm wondering if I change makers of printers if it will make any difference. I have 2 of the Robos, so it would be difficult to fund 2 other printers right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Where are you putting your z offset? Are using the m565 command in your start script? If not, that's the first place I'd start

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

What filament?
    ABS is a beast to get right and will always be problematic with an open, unheated bay unless your environment is very consistent

You should not have that issue with PLA or most other filaments.