1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Printer Not Printing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fitz8773, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Fitz8773

Fitz8773 New Member

Printer was unused for a while, say about 10 months, fired it back up, inserted new PLA filament, preheated the bed, and extruder, manually extruded the filament using extrude command via Matter Control, both hot end, and extrude works, HOWEVER, when I attempt to print from the que, it does not print. the gears turn, but no filament comes out..pretty pissed that I now have a $700 paperweight...any suggestions?..I've tried tightening, and loosening the spring loaded tensioner, to no avail, and also cleaned the hob bolt of debris, along with verifying there is no clogs or jams in the hot end. Also after lookin in advanced setting, my default zoffset is 0 mm

#1 Fitz8773, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

well that might be it. You need your offset to be M565 Z-1.0 to start and then adjust down (-0.9) or up (-1.1) as needed in .1 increments until you get the desired first layer. Having it 0 means it won't extrude because there is no room.

3. Fitz8773

Fitz8773 New Member

aaahh ok, thank u..I tried putting in a positive value for my offset, but no dice..perhaps I shld try the negative offset as u stated (however, from the way things look in Matter Control, a negative value would move the hot end closer to the table)

4. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

with the firmware setup and the way we probe the bed with the nozzle, negative is the way to go. If you are using the macros you might want to go into advanced setup under the printer tab and put the z offset command in manually between the G28 and G29 the way you want it. Seems more reliable with the Robo setup unless you go in and edit your macros.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. Fitz8773

Fitz8773 New Member

Thanks, looks like it was the settings afte after all, recently upgrade the Matter Control softerware, plus this was my first time printing on my desktop, vs laptop, Wichita has the old settings, printer works fine with the laptop settings (has an extruder to bed offset of 1 mm), so I'll transfer those over to the desktop