1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Extruder print quality problems HELP!!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Robert J., Nov 28, 2016.

1. Robert J.

Robert J. Member

extruder print quality problems HELP!!lately i have noticed that my print quality has dropped and after loser inspection i found that my infill looks like it was done by my 6 year old. I have no overhang ability holes on the walls and i need at least 3-4 top shells to close the print properly over all just not happy with the quality of the print. Print pictured is abs bottom bridge layer was at 230 next bridge was 225 and down 5 deg, there after. Any help would be great.
    I would like to do some up grades but i want to get this figured out before i spend more on this hobby of mine lol
    should i sell it and by a new one and start form scratch lol
    printer is a :R1
    e3d v6
    lcd controller

https://1drv.ms/f/s!At17uadqSWBsoCMj6QEkXZrtscxN

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

in some of those pictures (the red print) looks like you have some horrible warping on the corners which is causing your side wall issues (possibly)...the infill breaking apart could be a mix of to fast, to low of heat, partial nozzle jam

3. WizarDru

WizarDru Member

Okay, a few quick questions:
    • have you tried some other prints with a different filament (another ABS or PLA) If your filament is old or has been exposed to too much humidity, that might be an issue.
    • have you tried reducing/increasing your temperature ? It looks like you're going at 230/225...which is a good baseline. That stringing could be the result of printing too hot for your environment, so I would try dropping to say 220 and seeing where that gets you
    • Are you printing at the default speed for the R1 (since you're using this with S3D, you can check the options...I think 60 is the norm).