1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Filament far from bed in areas, but closer in others

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jordan Serafin, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Jordan Serafin

I have been dealing with this issue for a long time now, I am pretty well acquainted with my printer now (Robo3D R1+) after troubleshooting so many issues, but I can't seem to solve this one. In some areas of the printer bed, the filament is pressed down the correct amount, but in other areas, it is clearly a little too high, or sometimes too flattened.

My G-Code definitely includes autoleveling, as I watch it auto level before every print (ive tried other gcode aswell). I have also adjusted the x-axis bars on which the extruder sits MANY times, and I even use a level to try to get it right. My printer is also sitting on a flat surface aswell. Eventually after screwing around with the x-axis bars I can get it to print everything fairly satisfactorily. This randomly changes for some reason, and seems to be inconsistent. How can I finally rid myself of this issue?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi are your z switches tight on the brass nuts? Only on hold holds them there. It's possible their moving slightly causing you grief. Add some photos of your switches? Also leveling our robos a actual level won't due it. Have you done a paper leveling?

3. Jordan Serafin

I have repeatedly tightened them after times of maintenance. I have not done paper leveling, how would I go about doing this? From what I've heard... as long as you have things as close to level as possible, the auto-leveling would take care of the rest, I guess thats not the case? I've adjusted it a ton and then run the auto-level in cura to see the numbers to fix it aswell.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

To paper level lower the extruder to the b d until a piece of paper just fits between the nozzle and the bed, you'll feel a slight drag. Power machine off. Slide extruder to other side of bed. Does it feel the same if no, hold the good side threaded rod and turn the bad side threaded rod until it feels like the good side. Then repeat side to side until even. Then check the other spots of the bed just to see if the bed is even. Auto level needs as much help as possible to work correctly.

5. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

This fixed my same issue.
    Hope it works for you too.