1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

It sounds different?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by steampunkprogrammer, Dec 7, 2016.

1. steampunkprogrammer

steampunkprogrammer New Member

The sounds my printer makes seems to have changed sense I changed the printers location in my house, nothing I'm worried about just odd and wondering if anyone experienced this as well (it sounds slightly quieter I suppose)

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Only suggestion is to make sure that the fan on the bottom is still running and the fan on the power supply are still running.

Rigmarol likes this.
  3. steampunkprogrammer

hmm I checked them, they are running;
    The sound that is 'missing' per say, is more like a sound it made when the extruding was happening, could it be that my spool is better leveled now or maybe factory oil and such is gone so now its operating more normally?

The sound is hard to describe, but seeing as its a missing sound it makes it even harder, haha.

It was a high pitched sound it made while moving around; which seems to be gone now, I watched a few youtube videos to see if I hear it and they had the sound as well, so now I'm really wondering why its gone.

#3 steampunkprogrammer, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  4. steampunkprogrammer

Well. I have no idea why it happened, but the sound came back while I was recording it. Maybe whatever I was printing just didnt cause it to happen, but in any case, back to normal, such a weird hour without the normal sound I've gotten used to already haha.

5. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

My printer has changed it's sounds too. I used to hear an almost musical sound coming from it all the time, now it only "sings" while doing large curved sections. I miss the sound but have chalked it up to wear and tear.

I've seen a YouTube video where someone actually went through the effort of making their printer sing a real song!!

I related to the familiarity of the printer sounds. Mine is going almost all the time and when it's not running the sound is missed.
    I have mine next to my easy chair in my living room.

6. steampunkprogrammer

Yup that is exactly it, it used to make the 'singing' noises all the time, now it only does it around circles, I suspect it isnt an issue and is more like the gears working optimally, it was just weird that it went away!