1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved 1 on 1 with Jerry about Heated bed problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Robert Choban, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Robert Choban

Robert Choban Active Member

This Wed. I had my 1 on 1 with Jerry from Robo. I explained when I heat up my bed it has burned out the mosfet and polyfuse on 2 different ramps boards. Jerry said this is a know problem and they believe it has to do with the wiring harness that goes from the heater connection to the ramps card. They are now using a flat ribbon cable instead of the round wire cable, they are also having the ribbon cable going through one of the air vent slots in the back of the Robo for connect it to the ramps card. Jerry said they would ship me a new ribbon cable, bed heated/thermistor, sticky one sided cork board, sticky one side aluminum tape. The problem is that some of this is on back order from china. I'm waiting for a reply from Jerry as to when he thinks the parts will come in and can be shipped to me.

In the mean time I was thinking, with the help of the forum, I could build the wiring harness myself and figure out a different way to insulate the heater and heat bed.
    Questions:
    1. Does anyone have this flat ribbon cable setup on their new Robo, and if they do could I see picture of the connections to the heater/thermistor and connections to the ramps card for the heater/thermistor.
    2. How long does the ribbon cable have to be.
    3. Idea's on how to insulate the bed heater to the glass plate.

2. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

I've seen ribbon cable setup somewhere on the net... maybe on this forum.. it's been done.. search it.