1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved 3D view fine, layer view not

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Matt77, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

I designed a child safety door knob cover using 123d Design. It looks good, ran it through Meshmixer to repair it, etc. Put it in MatterControl (yes I know I shouldn't be using it, haven't had time to switch yet) using Slic3r as my Slice Engine. 3D view looks great, go to layer view and it's incomplete only showing a couple of lines that hardly resemble the complete 3d image. (I put it on the last layer which should show the complete image...it didn't). I've attached the .stl file. What am I doing wrong?

Side note, when I exported it from Meshmixer it gave me 3 files: 1.safetydoorknob1 2.safetydoorknob2 3.safetydoorknob combined. I used the safetydoorknob combined as the print file. The other two files had components of the final object.

Attached Files:

#1 Matt77, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  2. David BOles

David BOles Member

I've seen some similar stuff (and it seems probable off your description) when the model wasn't made right and has intersecting meshes. All of the parts inside other ones are deleted. Running through Netfabb instead of Meshmixer might help, dunno...

Matt77 likes this.
  3. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

I see, I'll try to fix that. Thanks for the reply!

4. David BOles

David BOles Member

Sure! Hopefully that's the problem!

5. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

Tried to have some programs fix it. No bueno. Just made it over again, and voila its good now. Not sure what the problem was the first time (I suspect I didn't hollow out model until the end, whereas I did right away this time). Regardless its good now! Thank you.