1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Another Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by agump, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agump

agump Member

So I fixed the belt tension issue with a couple printed tensioners. now I have a new problem. this started after printing the belt tensioner and leaving on a short trip to the mall went to start another print and this happened. When I go to print my z level will automatically adjust itself up .2 or .35mm this is causing prints not to stick and get all ruined. When i go into manual settings during the print to send the z level back to .00 the print continues but it goes about 1 mm per second and sounds like something is going to break so I kill the job immediately. I know my zero z level is correct because Ive been printing with it for the past week with no issues. when I drop it down during print it does not run into the bed. Printing pla at 187 degrees onto painters tape with harispray no heated bed. How can I fix this. Its extremely frustrating.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Andrew I am very curious about this issue and I would like to ask you to do something if possible reply to this thread and this time upload a copy of your gcode for this particular print and the .stl file for the same print. What you are saying should not be happening. When the files arrive someone with a printer that is set properly can test them.

If the .stl file prints on another printer we know the stl is good. 5% likelihood

If the Gcode fails we know it is something in your settings and can search there. 55% likelihood

If the Gcode prints then we know it is in your printer setup and can help fine tune your process. 40% likelihood

I would do it right now but my printer is offline right now getting a replacement board probably 2-3 days before it is back, depends on what arrives in the mail.

3. agump

agump Member

Sure I can do that in the morning Jeff, when analizing the first few lines of gcode I found the issue and it is printing fine again. For some reason in the 31st line of gcode it was setting my zheight to .2 so a simple change to 0.0 and she is going fine. Any idea if there Is a slicer setting I accidently changed?

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I will check back in the morning I want to look at those files. I am a little hesitant that that was all it was as z movement in slic3r any way are usually done at a layer change or a retract did you happen to set the retracts to Lift and Length to .2 if you did then that would be a line normally seen with retract as it reaches the end of a line it should lift a bit to brake the current filament at some specific point and then move and eventually go back do to begin printing again. so you may have arbitraily removed one of teh retracts it created but it had one for every extrusion line it created so if it was part of that then you did not change much and the print succeeded on it own not sure until I see teh GCode

5. agump

agump Member

how would i go about uploading that gcode? I tried copying and pasting into word but I cant upload a word doc or the standard gcode file

6. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

append .txt onto the end of the file name and it will upload here

so something like

"myFile_gcode.txt"

7. agump

agump Member

Here ya go jeff, this is just the calibration cube that it happened to thank you very much for all of the help thus far

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.