1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

arduino replacement for fried board

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by patrik andersson, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrik andersson

patrik andersson New Member

Hi I just got my printer and during testing it died, apparently the board has fried.
    I have been waiting for tech support a couple of days and don't know if its covered by warranty, so I might have to find a new control board.

The specific board on robo 3d are unique in that it can handle 35v current. The standard arduino mega is much cheaper and easier to find so I wonder if someone know if I need 35v one.

Also, are there some firmware to install? I'm totally new to arduino

2. CAMBO3D

CAMBO3D New Member

the board is called the taurino ramps board, made by reprapdiscount.com. its made to handle higher voltages but nothing in the robo uses more than 12v (hint the power supply is 12v). Using the regular ramps is fine. (everything in the robo operates off of 12 volts) The higher voltage capable ramps board was made for people who were using higher voltage heat beds and maybe even stepper motors.

If your referring to the actual arduino board itself. the board will handle higher voltages too but with some slight modifications.. google ramps 1.4 and do some research on arduino board to familiarize yourself with this process.

but to answer your question the standard arduino/ramps 1.4 will work just fine as is. You will use the same firmware posted in this forum.

2 people like this.
  3. patrik andersson

patrik andersson New Member

great, thank you.
    Then its pretty cheap and easy to find spares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.