1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Austin, TX

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Das Wookie, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Received my printer a week ago. Printed great for the first 18 hours, then had some problems... Robo team is working on getting me up and running again. Can't want to start making prints again! I'd finally got it calibrated and functional and was JUST starting in on my stack of STL files I've gathered over my long wait for my printer... :)

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

at least you have alittle time to work on a heat chamber to help control temps around the print

3. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

Yupyup! I still need to figure out where the printer is going to live. There isn't enough room in the shop, and there's too much sawdust and metal chips and solvents and lubricants such... it's a metal and wood shop, and things like computers would die rather quickly there! I need to figure out some sort of enclosure for the PC that'll drive my CNC plasma and router tables... probably going to build a box into a cabinet and stick house AC filters in there... and yeah, I have a dust collector. Even with one, you still get 1 micron particulates everywhere and that LOVES to stick to PC electronics components!!! I don't even wanna think about what that'd do to the poor R3D in an environment like that... so, it'll be resigned to live it's life in my office on my desk, or upstairs in my studio. Neither has copious amounts of space... I spread out and pile on every flat surface where my working areas are! I haven't seen my whole desk in years! LOL

3 people like this.
  4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

at least it will feel loved