1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Australia and Japan

Discussion in 'Requests and Suggestions' started by poxcx, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Peter

Peter Member

We'll all get there eventually, we just need to keep positive about it!

As i make improvements i'll keep you guys in the loop.

2. Peter

Peter Member

btw jimwahh, forum user 'Barancules' has made some good videos which he's posted on youtube for robo3d mods, including the printable spool holder that attaches in the top slot, essentially the spool sits perfectly over the top of the printer. I think its a good one.

3. Peter

Peter Member

i meant Barnacules, sorry

4. Jimwahhh

Jimwahhh Member

I have been meaning to check his vids out, thanks for that. I have a few bearings that I was planning to use so I may need to DIY or at least mod someone else's design. My only issue at the moment is that with the issues I am having it gets part way through a (small) print and then cools too much and pops off. I have tried to print my tiny little Z limit switch adapter about 5 times unsuccessfully so far.

5. Kiah

Kiah New Member

I'm printing pretty reliably now.
    Only mod I've made - Filament holder on top instead of side, and blue tape (when printing PLA).

Also I drop the first layer speed waaaaay down (I've got it at 15 mm/s) and manually adjust print head down until the plastic coming out is being just a little squished.

Plus I'm using Cura now. Seems a lot less complex than repetier.

(As you can see, getting some pretty prints)
    [​IMG]

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

For any Robo owners in Melbourne suggest you visit the 3d Printer Superstore 95 Johnston St Collingwood. (between Wellington and Dight Sts). Apparently its been open since Nov.

I went there today and was amazed by the variety and especially the quality of the prints.

Z