1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bed not moving and bed temp is way off

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jeanne, Sep 4, 2014.

1. jeanne

jeanne New Member

Bed not moving and bed temp is way off....

My bed does not move, either by auto or manual, home function does not work because the the bed never moves.

also the bed temp is 110.4c when thermistor is connected; 108.6c when it is disconnected.... the bed heater is disconnected in both readings.

Is the temp reading preventing the bed to move, or is it something else?
    How do I troubleshoot this?

Before...
    I was printing without the heater connected because it had shorted out, and the thermistor connection was still intact (normal readings about 28c, room temp). The home function was working ok; now it does not.

improvements done.... bigger 80mm fan for board (done about a month ago), work better without overheating

done this so far...
    Upgraded software to 1.1.5, no luck
    Flashed again the firmware, no luck

Any suggestions?

update, the Y axis button moves the Z axis motor at about 1% distance and very slow;
    100mm turns the threaded rod 1/4 turn,
    10mm turns the threaded rod 1/9 of the above 100mm
    no movement for 1mm or 0.1mm

X axis and Z axis work normal

#1 jeanne, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
  2. collin

collin New Member

first and foremost, check your board that your beds, thermister and stepper motor are plugged in FIRMLY. This same thing happend to me when i messed with the fan i accidently loosend my thermister attachment and it slipped off over time.