1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Broken Z-Axis Connector

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by RF5, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RF5

RF5 New Member

I've broken the z axis connector by mistake as i was trying to lift the nozzle (it just stuck from the bolts from the y axis. I've attached a picture of my problem and any help is much appreciate in what I can do to get it back going again.

Thanks 28 September 2013 024153 MDT.jpg

2. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Hmmm, I'm confused, mine doesn't appear to have a piece like that, Where did it go exactly? (A picture with you holding it in place might help me)

3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

That is the new z mod they are putting on the later printers that are now going out. There is a simple and easy fix but ti requires drilling one hole and the ROBO guys are held responsible if things go wrong and so do not recognize it or suggest doing it all. That being said it is a very simple fix infac it is on my maching now instead of this mod I did mine before this "approved" came out.

The z axis forms an "L" on both the front and back of the part the vertical part of the "L" is where the rods go and the horizontal part of the "L" is between the vertical part and where the x axis rod connects to the z axis part. the mod is to simply drill a hole in the horizontal area between the vertical part and where the x axis rods go straight down I am not sure what bit size to use for tha thole but make it barely smaller than the screw so you can thread it with the screw the reorient the z stop so that it is under the screw. Try and position the screw so it hits the middle of the switch so you can have adequate adjustment options

Here is a pic of mine
    2013-09-28 18.11.27.jpg
    it is the same thing as what you have except they added a section just for it so you would not have to cut or drill into the robo

AGAIN:

ROBO WILL NOT RECOMMEND OR APPROVE THIS SO PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK

but it is a rather easy mod to make should take about 5 minutes total

4. RF5

RF5 New Member

Thanks tesseract ,
    your solution is logical and I'll give that a try soon. I'll keep you guys updated later on the progress of it.

Thanks,

5. RF5

RF5 New Member

IMAG0307_1.jpg

Hey all, sorry for the delay. I have managed to screw in a screw to serve as a solution and it does the job (Thanks Tesseract!)

Does anyone know the best way to get rid of the dried pla plastic that is on the print bed? (I'll start applying bluetape from now on) but I have several chunks of the plastic stuck to the bed and they won't come out.

Thanks,
    RF5

6. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you the bed or on glass
    and how was it stuck down
    there is a set of tools the Printed _Solid came up with a while back one of whici is a cricut spatula it works really wellto remove blobs and prints but this is usually done on glass not on the actual heat bed. If you are on glass this would work fine if not the using it carefully can get it removed but you have to be careful and not cut into the heat bed. There are not many solutions for PLA but if you do not have the cricut then you POSSIBLY could use some MEK but be very carefuly and test it on a small edge ar corner and make sure it does not react with the heatbed surface.

Here is the list of tools in the post on this forums with associated links

http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/useful-tools.644/#post-1609

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.