1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Carbon build plate - no more stick issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Matthias, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthias

Matthias Member

Hi,

I think I'd let you know that I have some awsome results with this little guy: https://shop.germanreprap.com/de/Druckplatte-Carbon-230x230x0-8mm.
    No more bed preparation with either hair spray, tape, glue and whatever else you may have tried.
    You just clip it on the glass. It comes with paper clips, but those are too small as the carbon plate is a bit smaller than the Robo bed. I'm currently printing these http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:95523 with these parameters:
    // Configurable Values
    jaw_depth = 20;
    jaw_thickness = 5;
    jaw_spacing = 4.5;
    tooth_height = .75;

It'll work for those models that have the 3mm glass bed.

PLA with pre-heated build plate to 55°C works perfect. I'll do some more testing with ABS, but on the website they claim that it'll work for all filaments except PP.
    If you let it cool down, your part almost falls off by itself. Really worth a try!

- matthias

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I assume you mean AWSOME even though your post says AWFUL

Any warping due to the heat??

3. Matthias

Matthias Member

Doh! Changed my post, thanks!

I had some warping on one piece with PLA, so maybe 55°C is too high. The ABS print just finshed with mixed results. I printed 4 of those clips in one print. 2 of the clips were ok, the other 2 warped quite a bit.

So, to give you an answer on ABS: yes, works as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.