1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Change job in process?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by phaggood, Jan 12, 2016.

1. phaggood

phaggood New Member

Using the duplication feature I print multiples of a single object (i.e. a bunch of rocket fins for a workshop). Sometimes one of the items goes wrong; it falls over or some other problem arises. Is there a way to 'delete' this one item from the job? I hate to waste the other perfectly printing items if only one has failed.

2. Morichalion

Morichalion Member

I don't believe there's a simple way to do it.

I have an idea of how to go about it, but I don't have an easy way to make it happen.

M26 is the command to shift to a different spot in a file you're printing from the SD card.

Damn thing is, it needs to know the bit-position of where your next object is, which isn't exactly the most user friendly way to go about it.

Also, when you execute that command, the nozzle gets moved directly to the next point the Gcode says to go to, through whatever else is currently on the bed, so you have to be careful about getting the position, or inserting some other Gcode that changes that risk.

I'm sure there's something that can be done to make that possible, though.