1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Chimera/Cyclops

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by insomniac_lemon, Dec 26, 2014.

1. insomniac_lemon

Anybody interested in this better get one in pre-order because they stated in the video that the pre-orders are a trial, "once they're gone, they're gone". I'll bet that you won't be able to order it in 2015.

Something to note if you want both the Chimera/Cyclops but don't want to break the bank: Cyclops is the smarter choice. A Chimera is just the new heat sink with v6 hotends/hotblock on it, so if you buy a Cyclops, you can easily buy these later to convert it a Cyclops to a Chimera. Or 1-2 volcano hotblocks they just started selling. Note they DON'T sell the Cyclops hotblock which is experimental.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting the Cyclops, plan to convert Robo's stock direct extruder drive block into a bowden driver, am getting an ezstruder for the other filament. I'll mount both to the top of my robo.

Everything I ordered:

Cyclops (batch 2)
    2 bowden tubes
    0.25mm nozzle (not sure if this+other nozzle will work with the Cyclops, if not will work for Chimera later)
    0.60mm nozzle
    Groove Mount Bowden Adaptor
    200mm bowden tube (I ordered 1000mm more and asked to append to this)
    printInZ plate (not required for this, just so I don't need to keep replacing painter's tape that only lasts 1 print)

Any thoughts on this? My printer is semi-new (Aug 21 2014) and I skipped out on getting a v6 for this. Not sure on what I'll need to do as far as firmware/adaptions but I think it'll work out.

2 people like this.
  2. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Looking forward to pics

3. Magic-Goat

Magic-Goat Member