1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Commands waiting

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by djchew, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djchew

djchew New Member

Hello,
    I am new to 3d printers. Just got my Robo tonight.
    I set it up, went through the videos, manual and online manual. But my motors would not move.
    I kept playing around in Manual Control and moving the motors around until they finally started to work. I set everything up and started a print.

I saw that the Z axis looked a little high, so I clicked "Kill Job". The printer stopped shortly after. After that, I can not get the motors to move once again.

I did a little research and I now know that when Repitier does not know the motor location, it will make the location text red. Every time I connect they are red. When I hit any Home button, the text goes black, but the motors do not move. Repitier's Manual Control tab shows me commands waiting. The number just seems to increase.

Any thoughts are welcome!

I have reset the Robo 3D many times using the power switch, and unplugging the USB cable. I even reinstalled the USB device on Windows. I am using Windows 7.
    As I said, it was printing, so its not some weird incompatibility or configuration issue.

Printer Settings > Connection
    [​IMG]

After just connecting:
    [​IMG]
    Repitier Log after connecting:
    After trying to move X and Z:
    [​IMG]
    Repitier Log after trying to move:

2. djchew

djchew New Member

I just tried a reboot of my PC just in case, and I still have the same problem.

3. djchew

djchew New Member

I got up to a Command Wait count up to 11. Took a screenshot. Then I kept researching the issue on the forums. When I went back to Repitier, the wait count was gone, but the bed has still not moved.
    Now when I send commands, there is no command wait count, but still no bed movement.

I have even tried changing to a non-USB 3.0 port. Did not help.

When I connect the USB cable to the printer, the light inside blinks green twice.
    When I click Connect in Repitier, it blinks green twice again.
    I am not getting any other blinking. When it was working, I was getting the red led blink for the heaters.

4. djchew

djchew New Member

I have replaced the USB cable and that did not help. I tried the original and three others, including the one I use every day for my 2d printer :p

I tried on another computer and I have the exact same issue.

At this point, I believe this is caused by a bad board or loose connection in the Robo 3d.

I am more than open to anyone's assistance with this issue.

5. djchew

djchew New Member

I believe that I have found the issue to be the power bar where the Robo 3D is plugged in. An LED for the wall outlet would have helped me find this issue.

6. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

An LED for the printer power would possibly have helped you find the issue also. ;)

7. tonycstech

tonycstech Active Member

What do u mean by that ? Where is this LED and what do i do with it ?

8. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

The printer gives no indication that it is powered up. I have added an LED connected to the power supply to give a visual indication that the printer is actually powered up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.