1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

communication with Printer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ken Filbeck, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ken Filbeck

Ken Filbeck New Member

Have gotten to testing the motors stage in the set up with a mac. We are able to connect to the printer, as we hear a soft sound from it, and it says so in the command lines. However, there is "1 commands waiting" in the command lines and in the blue banner box in the print panel area. When I press home to the z axis (or any other axis) it adds to the command lines and blue banner box with nothing happening. Please advise.

2. John Fretwell

John Fretwell New Member

I am getting the same issue. Yesterday it was fine but now the commands just don't go through, i have deleted the driver, reset the machine, re-installed the driver but nothing, dead as a dodo.

3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

that means that you are connected but not communicating you need to double check the baud rate remember its 250000 I see alot of people leave out a 0. Each command that gets sent to the printer waits for an acknwledgement that it has been received if that is not received the commands will simply stack in the queue and show as x command waiting so yeven though you may be connected you are not communicating

4. alonsoa

alonsoa New Member

I've been receiving the same error. The strange part is that when I turn the printer off/on and restart repetier, sometimes the connection is established. It's a hit and miss for me unfortunately.

5. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

When I tried in Windows each time I re booted or restart teh printer I found it best to remove it not delete it but remove it from Device manager and then let window rediscover it some time it came up with the same number sometimes not but what ever it turned out being I set Repetier to be the same and would work until I rebooted or restarted stuff.

moved to Mac and it was stable

Don't know if that helps but at least yo know it is not uncommon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.