1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Did anybody try Magigoo bed adhesive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BrooklynBay, Mar 1, 2022.

1. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

I was having bed adhesion issues with very narrow prints, and corners on very large prints with my Robo R1, After trying several types of hair sprays, and glue sticks, I did a search for bed adhesives, and saw Magigoo. They make several types for ABS, PLA, PETG, TPU, etc. I took a chance, and bought the red bottle for ABS & PLA. I was surprised that a little bit applied to the glass bed enabled these prints to adhere immediately, and I was able to print without adhesion or warping issues. When the print was done, I usually have issues removing it, but the print came off easily. It didn't make a mess on the bed either. It seems like one application on the bed works for about 3 to 5 prints before it wear off, and needs another application. It's not cheap at $20 a bottle but I know that it works, and since it doesn't need to be applied for each print, it should last a while. Did anybody else on the forum use it or a similar product?

2. Wesley Knapp

Wesley Knapp Active Member

In case anyone wants to try, where did you get it?

I use sugar-water mist. Cheap, simple and works.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

3. BrooklynBay

Somebody on EBay sells the red one for $19 plus tax. The Micro Center store has them for close to $20 plus tax.

4. BrooklynBay

Although it seemed to be very good when I first tried it, it seems like some ABS from various brands didn't work with it. Staples has a permanent glue stick made by Scotch/3M which seems to work where the Magigoo doesn't. Sometimes hairspray works, and other times it doesn't. The size of the print, printing profile, slicing engine, infill density, and the brand of the ABS are all factors which require experimentation. I was hoping to find an all in one bed adhesive which works with everything but it doesn't exist yet. 70005274363_Single[1].jpg