1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Does anyone have a ReplicatorG config already created?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Michael Stone, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Stone

Michael Stone Member

I want to test out ReplicatorG and Skeinforge, but you need to customize the machine configuration to add the Robo 3D.

I figured I should ask to see if anyone else has a config file they can share before I go through creating one.

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Are you going to try flashing firmware to sailfish?

3. Michael Stone

Michael Stone Member

I was not planning on it (if I don't have to)..... I'm just trying to test out something different since I've got surface problems with Repetier and Slic3r from models exported from 3ds.

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Same surface problems you posted on your other thread or a different issue? RepliactorG and Skeinforge are still going to have those same 'pothole' issues if you don't get the settings for the top surface dialed in right. Unfortunately, I can even send you some pics from a model I printed today from RepG/SF50 as proof if you want:oops: .

5. Michael Stone

Michael Stone Member

Same issues as in the other thread. I'm going to update that thread shortly. The problem is only occurring with models I've exported from 3ds Max. Things I get off Thingiverse print fine.

6. Ben Lindstrom

Ben Lindstrom Active Member

Have you tried running them through the basic version of Netfabb for fixing? I've found that bring stuff in from Blender3D tends to have some odd results unless they are fixed (holes that I've never been able to track down, geometry that it claims has flipped faces, but blender doesn't show it, inside unexposed faces that confuse the slicer, etc).

7. Michael Stone

Michael Stone Member

Yep. I've tried fixing with both netfabb basic and the netfabb cloud service. I also just added more pics, better explanation, and an upload of the model I'm having issues with to the other thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.