1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Drifvers?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by edmosail, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edmosail

edmosail New Member

Got my printer today, unpacked everything and set it up according to the instructions and youtube video including installing drivers and Repetier-Host. When I try to maually move in any direction, nothing happens. The Repetier says it is connected (light is green) on Connect button. I am suspicious that the drivers is not correct. Please help.

2. shaggy2629

shaggy2629 New Member

Try pressing the home button first, then try moving manually. It should work as I had the same issue

3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you see any commands waiting in the upper left window or in the lower left corner of the window itself in the status bar. If so you do have a connection issue.

That being said though I have to ask since you can connect to the ramps board via USB with the printer off you also need to make sure the printer itself is turned on not much in the way of lights to tell though.

If it is off don't worry you weren't teh first and you are not gonna be the last to miss this step

4. edmosail

edmosail New Member

Thanks everyone. I solved or at least got around the problem by changing to a different comuter.
    The one that would not work was a 32 bit running windows 7.
    Kind of a strange combination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.