1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

extruder head does not move along z axis

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by robert mittertreiner, Dec 21, 2013.

1. robert mittertreiner

Hi,

I have just received mij kickstarter order for a ABS Roboprinter 3D and tried to set it up today,
    i have managed to get the software running , ran the calibration, loaded filament, and have used manual control in the repetier software. the heated bed works , heating and loading the extruder works, x axis movement works , y axis movement works, but movement along the Z-axis does not work. The motors start , the two rods rotate (they seem 'wobbly' at the top, but i guess that is because they are not affixed at the top) but the extruder does not rise. It seems as if the extruder does not get a grip on the rotating rods ,and they remain at the lowest position.
    I would greatly appreciate your help, i am very anxious to start using the printer and everything else checks out according to your guides.
    If you need more information from me please let me know!
    MAny thanks in advance!

Robert mittertreiner

2. robert mittertreiner

Hi Again,

My apologies for my previous question, i was able to fix it myself, realigning to z-axis switch and guiding the extruder upwards the z-axis manually the first time did the trick.

I am however running into some issues with my ABS prints , the first few layers work fine , howver i reach a point where the prints will not stick to the tape, start moving around the bed and screw up the print.
    Could you advise me about the maximum extruder temp and the maximum heat bed temp?
    Any other suggestions you could offer regarding this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,
    Robert Mittertreiner